- No smell, no splash, and a silent dry ‘flush’.
- For sites without existing foul drainage.
- For sites with drainage problems such as clayey soil and a consequent need to reduce the volume of waste water.
- Where water supply is unavailable or unreliable.
- From a desire to reduce water consumption for cost or environmental reasons.
- To eliminate frost or flooding risk in unheated buildings.
- From a desire to recycle organic wastes and to avoid the requirement to have sewage sludge removed by tanker.